Monday 28 April 2014

A little piece of me.

After being sick for years, I finally faced up to what was wrong with me.

When the first thought came, I was relieved. I had finally determined what was going on in my body; I figured I could fix it. However, it didn’t end like this, it took a long time for me to be OK.

At one point, I wanted to stop but the thoughts kept coming: “You have this, you will always have it, but you can and will get past this.” There was so much going on; there was so much wrong in my body, it was unbelievable.

My treatment wouldn’t be one pill; rather, it would be my full-time job for years and years to come. So my new motto was this: Destroy everything that destroys you.

I thought I should adopt that 'simply' life I had been told about, I had to kill everything that was living in my body that wasn’t supposed to be there, everything that was making me miserable.

Although, I soon realized this was not the way to go. I hated my body. It wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do and it felt horrible; it felt horrible and everything that was happening inside of me was to blame.

I was angry with my body, which basically meant I was angry with myself. This is an awful starting point at which to begin to heal.

Instead of fighting, though, I felt I needed to find love — for myself and for my hopelessly ill body. I needed to live with this body; I needed to live.

I needed to learn how to hate everything that was destroying me on the inside and love everything else. If you persistently fight with yourself, you will always end up losing.

But how could I find love for something that made me so angry; for something that made me feel so hopeless and, from time to time, made me not want to live a day longer?

Visualization practices helped me to change my focus from being angry and viewing everything as sick, painful and hopeless, to seeing love and happiness. When I could finally let go of the anger and the daily fight with myself, the healing mentality kicked in.

Visualization helped me to see the future and to see myself happy, healthy and fit. I saw myself moving effortlessly, having fun and enjoying life.

From that moment onward, I started to take care of my body in a loving way. Before, I hated my body, I turley I didn’t want to be in that body.

When I let go of the anger and started to nurture my physical self like it was my most precious possession, something changed.

If you are angry at something, you have the desire to say nasty things to it, you want to hit it in the face, you want to throw something at it, and if possible, you want to throw it away. I felt all of these emotions towards my own self, but I needed to heal. I needed love, peace and quiet.

I went from wanting to destroy something inside me to actually destroying something outside me. My body deserved love, and therefore, all the bad factors around it had to go, including people who stressed me out and carried negativity, alcohol and certain foods.

This same notion holds true for people struggle with weight. If you are angry with your body, you are likely to not give your body the attention it needs. If you punish your “fat,” with horrible diet plans, you will likely end up even more frustrated.

However, if you love yourself and do what you need to improve your way of life and level of happiness, you will get there faster, easier, and without frustration or hate.

Destroy the things that are destroying you, but love yourself and your body. You have to live with yourself every day; you deserve someone who is kind to you and nurtures your very being. Be that person for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment